Monday, July 23, 2012

Unexpected Joy

This morning I was running late. I was determined to pray my way through my list of species before I left--maybe more out of stubbornness than anything else--but I was so worried about being late that I couldn't focus. I was saying the words, but my heart and mind weren't focused on what I was saying. I finally had to just stop for a minute and say another, entirely different prayer: about trusting things to God, about not worrying about things that weren't worth worrying about, that I would really mean the prayers that I prayed this morning and that I would believe that God could fulfill them.

As I kept reading, the species names that I read filled me with an inexplicable joy and seemed incredibly funny to me. Here's the funniest:
Mavomavo Giant Treefrog
Mawblang Toad
Maxwell's Girdlepod
Maya Knobtail
Genus Maydelliathelphusa


May you find God's joy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment