Monday, December 17, 2012

Passion for Prayer

My passion for prayer has been rather small these past few weeks, to say the least. I've been busy and tired and stressed, with so many other things on my mind that I've been trying to work out with God. I'm not entirely sure how that all made me think not praying was OK, but too late now. I haven't been praying much lately. I've probably gotten through three or four days' worth of species prayers in the past two weeks. I've been feeling lazy, complacent, unsure.

Today I picked up the book This Present Darkness, by Frank E. Peretti. I'm not nearly done with it, but I've definitely figured out that it's about spiritual warfare. There are demons and angels running around, along with normal people. Prayer is shown as the only defense we humans have against those demons, as vitally, vitally important in the fight against Satan. I just suddenly had this urge, this passion for prayer. If it's that important, I'm going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment