Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pride

A few days ago, as I was going through and praying for my list of species for the day, I saw someone sweeping and cleaning. I couldn't help thinking about how much better what I was doing was, how much more helpful it would be in the long run, and so on.

I know, how prideful, right? Luckily God informed me of that right away. Yes, prayer is important, but someone must also work in the world, talking to people, working in habitats, whatever it takes to create change in this world, the world that we're in now. And then I was reminded of this verse: "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everything is the same God at work." (1 Corinthians 12:4-6, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment