Sunday, August 12, 2012

Boredom

Lately, as I've been praying for endangered species, I've really been struggling with a sense of... honestly, boredom. Let's face it, praying for 50+ species a day can be boring if approached the wrong way. I know perfectly well that it shouldn't be boring, but it is. Or maybe it's more that this task that I've set myself seems incredibly overwhelming (20,000+ species??!), and I've been wondering if what I'm doing is actually making a difference. As to the second half--well, there's no way for me to know for sure, at least not in this life. I'll just have to trust to God's promises, that He listens to our prayers and acts on them (Jesus said once, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossibly for you." Matthew 17:20, NIV). I have found myself wondering if I'm praying "correctly." By that I don't mean that I've been wondering if I've been using the "right" words or anything like that. I've been wondering whether I've been praying with the right attitude--with a desire for God's will and faith that what I ask for will be granted to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment